Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default OT GUNS (Was UK RICS report says solar takes 208 yearstorepay...nonsense!Helpneeded!)

Neil Barker wrote:

says...
Neil Barker wrote:
says...

Violent crime is rare here, let's not increase it by upping the ante.

Perhaps you'd be so good as to explain why handgun crime has more than
tripled in the years since handguns were banned in the UK ?

p.s. most violent crime isn't handgun crime btw.

As Steve says, you do like shifting the goalposts, don't you ?

I simply asked you why handgun crime has more than tripled in the years
since handguns were banned in the UK. Your answer to that is ?

I've yet to see those numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if it virtually all
related to 'yardy' drug crime and related activity. Certainly it seems to
involve a lot of blacks. It's likely the ban has had no effect on that. And yes,
that where the law falls down.

Introduce some SERIOUS mandatory penalties (long automatic jail sentences) for
simple possession of an illegal gun and damn well enforce it is what I'd like to
see.

Graham