Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default OT GUNS (Was UK RICS report says solar takes 208 yearstorepay...nonsense!Helpneeded!)

Eeyore wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Sounds like a brainwashed American obsessed with guns. They are beyond
redemption. We don't have them, even the police are not armed here.

yeah right... try telling that to the de Menezes family...

Look at the death rate through gunshot here and in the US then it is
clear we are doing the right thing by banning the things and even

Look at the overall death rate, and there is far less difference

There's a FORTY TO ONE difference in gun deaths !

- just the implements are different.

I would wager there are far more people bludgeoned to death in the UK
with cricket bats than there are in the US. And vice versa with baseball
bats. What does that prove?

I can't recall hearing of anyone being bludgeoned to death with a cricket bat
but I dare say it must have happened sometime. We have a less violent society
here in the UK than you do.

Cricket bat is not an ideal weapon for bludgeoning. Wrong shape
entirely. A baseball bat is far better.

Graham