Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Helpneeded!

Eeyore wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

I dare say an engine would sieze on 60,000 mile old oil. At least the way the reps drive
them !

Er..the rumour is that actually they don't.

And it's not 60,000 mile oil if they get a few pints added at 30,000

A good proportion of it will still be. I believe with oil that old you're actually likely to
get 'sludge' issues. Not much sense doing it if it's going to render the car worthless.

It does;t render it worthless.

That's the point. You can fake the service records, or simply sell it to
an unscrupulous dealer. (are there any others?) the car goes, and if
regularly serviced thereafter will in fact do a reasonable life. It will
however have accelerated wear in the engine.

Modern oils and high usage means that actually it is not that bad a
scenerio. What degrades oil as much as anything is standing aroud cold
getting condensation in the engine: A car that does 500 miles a day or
so, doesn't get that. If its filld ever 10k miles or so with a pint of
new, it will in fact do the miles from NEW.

60K mils is a good point to trade it. It will need its third/fourth set
of tyres, new brakes, new discs, and a new cam belt.

Your ideas sound like a silly troll to me.

I can assure you some people do it that way.

Graham