Posted to alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower,uk.d-i-y

Default OT- GUNS

Jim wrote:
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:13:56 UTC, "Jim" wrote:

This is the usual American story. My wife will be raped, my children
murdered in
their beds etc ..... That's merely because you're in the USA and it's a
very
violent society, but even so, how often does that actually happen ?

In the UK I think I can confidently say NEVER.
So no wives are ever raped, or children murdered in the UK.
Right.

Well, there's are certainly only very rare occurrences of people
rampaging round schools and colleges with guns. But it's a relatively
frequent occurrence in the US gun culture - how many times this year?

How many little kids were murdered in the school across the pond those
years ago? I think the Va. massacre of April 16th only just broke that
record now.... IIRC.

QUESTION-
ALL YOU SMUG ANTI-GUNNERS; IF I SEE SOMEONE ABOUT TO BLOW YOUR BRAINS
OUT, DO YOU WANT ME TO SHOOT HIM FIRST, OR JUST SIT BACK AND SCORE HIM ON
MARKSMANSHIP?

The latter.

One gun being waved around is quite enough without some bloody white
supremacist fantasist getting trigger happy.

I'd rather take my chances with a crack crazed gangboy than you, any day..

http://www.diybanter.com