Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default OT GUNS

In article ,
Anthony Matonak wrote:
Why should a so called sport involve a device invented for killing or
maiming? Pistol shooting as a pure sport is basically a coordination
of hand and eye and could easily be accomplished in this day and age
with a non lethal weapon. As they do with swords.

Sure, let us get rid of the javelin and archery sports or make the
spears and arrows out of non-lethal foam rubber. While we're at it,
we'll need the nerf shot put and discus also.

These are all sports dating from the year dot where soldiers needed
something to amuse themselves when not fighting. And none of these are
commonly used on the streets for crime.

Perhaps boxing could be changed where they aren't allowed to touch their
opponent.

Absolutely. I doubt you know or care how many are maimed by this barbaric
'sport'. The only object of which is to do so. Totally different from
others where accidental injuries occur.

--
*I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.