Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Speaking of satellite converter boxes.....

Terry wrote in
:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:21:36 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

dish offers 2 receiver boxes which help cut the cost of extra boxes

Although one of those does require RF remote control, which interferes
with connecting it to a stand-alone DVR.

I tried one of those RF remote extenders once. It was crap.
The Radio Shack pyramid transmitter/receiver setup is the best way to
go to control a tuner box from another room.

http://www.x10.com/automation/pm5900_s.html

Not what he was referring to;I think he was referring to RF box
controllers(an RF channel clicker!),not RF transmitter/receiver to
wireless-connect the box to a TV.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik