Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

Dave Hinz wrote:
Adam Corolla wrote:

Anyone have a solid piece of pure tungsten (98% pure or better) they might
want to sell? I'd like a piece weighing three to five pounds, but up to
fifteen pounds is OK if the price is good enough.

x-ray tubes use tungsten for the electrode/target. Nearly always round,
as the modern ones spin. I know that GE Medical Systems scraps out the
field returns, because a friend of mine runs the operation.

They have a lot of tubes fail for various reasons. If you can
get a tube that has cracked, then there's no vacuum hazard to
worry about. Also, the dental X-rays have smaller, non-spinning
anodes. Many of these get dumped in the trash when they go bad.
Those probably are no more than a pound, though.

Jon