Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag Snag is offline

Default Mills ... another flogging

Having had an improvement in my financial outlook , I'm looking at mills
again . Lathemaster.com has a square column machine , weighs around 750 lbs
.. Two horse spindle motor , table is 32X9 or so ... and can be had for less
than 2k delivered . Nothing fancy , it is intended for "tabletop" use . I'm
torn between buying a used larger machine and buying something like this one
new .
This has a more powerful motor than some Bridgeports ... and looking at
the design should be close to as rigid . It has the advantage (and drawback
, to be honest) of a slightly shorter table .
Opinions solicited ... anyone have experience with this type machine ?
I've heard good reports about this supplier from several internet forums ...
anyone here dealt with them ?
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'90 Ultra , "Strider"