geoff

Default Upgrade to a three phase domestic supply?

In message , Pandora
writes
It's Sunday evening. Mum's doing the washing/drying/ironing, Dad's cooking
lunch and four teenage children are showering/doing homework/watching TV.
(Putting aside the debate about stereotypical representations) I think that
this family could draw the following loads simultaneously:

12.5A (Washing machine)
14.5A (Tumble dryer)
6A (Iron)
1.5A (Fridge)
3A (Freezer)
12A (Dishwasher)
10A (Cooker (electric))
6A (Microwave oven)
8A (Electric kettle)
2A (Hi-Fi Stereo, surround sound system.)
2A (2 x Computer)
1A (2 x 17" monitor)
6A (Hair dryer)
0.5A (TV)
1A (Computer)
0.5A (17" monitor)
2A (Shower pump)
2A (Extractor fan)
12.5A (Immersion or water heater)
3.5A (Central heating pump)
3A (Fan Heater 1/3hp)
10A (Lighting)
5A (Sundry electrical loads)

That's a total 124.5 amps. OK, we can argue that their approach to energy
efficiency could be improved. In terms of rating a supply, however, a single
phase 100A supply seems inadequate.

How do my load estimations look?

It looks like a bit of time budgeting might be in order
--
geoff