Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default OT- GUNS

Erdemal wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
| Morris Dovey wrote:

|| many times more non-firearm murders than that every year. Nearly of
|| the murders are either arise from domestic disputes or are
|| drug-related. I don't have exact statistics, but read the all too
|| frequent reports in the newspapers.
|
| I'm sure and in a 'domestic' I dare say it's easy to use that
| firearm in a 'moment of madness'. NO firearm, probably no murder.

That's probably not the case. More probably, given the level of rage
required to take a spouse's life, the alternative would be a knife or
blunt object.

A gun is far easier to kill with than a knife *and* is more remote, making it
easier (less involving). I believe the issue has been studied in some depth but
I don't have a cite handy.

You both - we all- are filled with the 'culture' of your
country, this is always amusing to see it.
Did you choose it ? Or was it 'written' on your mind by some
"Moby-Dick' or 'David Copperfield' ?

I haven't read either actually. I find Dickens' work very stodgy in fact and a
complete turn off. I wouldn't advise you to form an impression of the UK based on his
work for sure.

Graham