Posted to alt.home.repair
professorpaul professorpaul is offline

Default Garbage disposal

Nice Insinkerator. Generally nothing more than the occasional stall,
fixed with the hex wrench. However, recently have had a couple of jams
in the connection between the GD and the "T" that comes down from the
other sink. There is a baffle there to deflect the water down, which
seems to be a good thing.

A bad dose of Brussel sprouts and broccoli clogged it up. Cleaned out
OK, with the usual water in the face and appropriate profanity. This
has happened twice now.

The chief domestic engineer might be feeding it too rapidly, but any
thought on different "T" designs or general observations? This is a
new house, and never had that kind of problem in another house I
owned. No obvious burrs, etc. to catch things. Before I start
replacing fittings, I thought I'd seek the advice of the group.