Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Did they change treated lumber AGAIN?

" wrote:

lead was believed to be harmless for many years.

But PROVEN to be highly dangerous.

the danger in treated decks is the ground under the deck, the dirt
accumulates the chemicals and can be eaten by children

And how many kids eat enough dirt for that to be a problem?

That's the problem when you change the focus of schools from critical thinking
to political correctness. Instead of people who can think logically and make
intelligent value judgments, you get people who respond emotionally.

Can you cite any statistics on deaths of children due to lead (or arsenic)
poisoning? I searched and couldn't find any. Closest I could do is find
mortality records for Illinois from 2005. The largest causes were accidental and
motor vehicle.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/health/b...ngdeaths05.htm

Lead is perfectly safe when used, handled and stored properly. Parents with kids
are supposed to be smart enough to baby proof and kid proof their homes. And
supervising them so they aren't stuffing pounds of dirt down their throats. With
or without arsenic.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars