Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default This Old [millionaires] House

willshak wrote:
on 10/19/2007 6:44 PM Red Green said the following:
David Starr wrote in
:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:32:29 -0700, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:

When TOH first started 30 plus years ago, Russ Morash was not so
greedy, and
WGBH was a simple local public tv station in the Brighton neighborhood
of Boston,
not a mega provider of content to PBS.

The first TOH project was a smple house in Dorchester, Mass., not
far
from where

I lived, and it was a simple and do able budget.

I remember watching Bob V. making kitchen cabinet boxes with a table
saw (yup, Sears) on one of the earlier shows. Bob actually got his
hands dirty (Gasp!). - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography

Web Site: www.destarr.com

Bob actually got his hands dirty

Running them through a sawblade? (Norm pulls a funny on Bob and told
him it was a "Hot Dog" saw. Yuk yuk.)

Norm was a craftsman. Vila was just an emcee.

Norm is a machinist, who just happens to work in wood instead of metal.

As much as I like his one-man show (which is presumably why he isn't on
ATOH), I'd like to see him do some projects with just the skill saw,
jigsaw, hand drill, and hand tools that most limited-budget,
limited-space DIYs have. (In the real world, if you have a cheap table
saw at home, you are considered lucky, much less a planer and joiner and
biscut cutter, ad nauseum.) A couple years ago, they made a big deal on
a few shows of showing how to do a particular procedure without the
expensive tools, but I guess the sponsors who equip hos shop bitched
about that, because it seems to have gone away.

aem sends...