Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

Adam Corolla wrote:

If you're interested, we can arrange a private auction through eBay, I
will
pay your listing fees.
Why not just a cash sale?
Because I didn't know you could do that through eBay. If you mean a
straight cash sale direct, person-to-person, I could probably do that,
but
there'd be more risk for me--what recourse would I have if I paid and
never
got the item? But all this is moot if I can't meet your price. What
price
range are we looking at?

I bought something from Ned and he was on the up-and-up.

Well... I didn't mean to cast aspersions on Ned's honor--it's just that I'm
new here and don't know anyone yet. Thanks for the vouch, though.

Adam, I've done many transactions via email with people I don't know
from forums like this. In most cases I've mailed money or the item
before I received anything from the other party. Call me naive, but I've
yet to get burnt.
You can get a pretty good idea of the character of a party by looking
up old posts. For that matter, Google the email address and see what
comes up.