Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default OT GUNS

Steve Firth wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

I've already told you I think the part that restricts sport shooting
is unneccessary and pointless. You seem to be determined not to listen
to what I say.

The government isn't

wasn't

Don't tell me what I mean. The government has had an opportunity to
rethink the legislation in the run up to the 2012 Olympics. It has
declined to offer the option to resume target pistol shooting in the UK.

I think that's silly.

How do they plan to let the foreign shooting teams manage their guns btw ?

offering options it's ban everything.

And I said I disagree with that.

But you support the legislation that bans sport use of pistols.

Not for that reason.

You're really determined not to think abotu anything you say.

You're *REALLY* determined not to listen to what I'm TELLING you. ! I have
always thought the restrictions on sport shooting were excessive, from the
day I first heard about it. It smacked of someone in power having it in
for the sport (a bit like fox hunting perhaps). Since it was under Nu
Labour, I imagine they deemed sport shooting to be 'politically
incorrect'. Heck, even I have shot on a range. Untwist those damn knickers
of yours !

Umm hmm, as long as you support a ban, you support a ban on the sport.

Logic (and hearing/reading/comprehension) isn't your strong point is it.

I wouldn't abandon the legislation purely for sake of sport shooting. NO. You
really do have some kind of victim fixation.

Graham