Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default OT GUNS

Steve Firth wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

I know you won't see the point, but the UK government doesn't restrict
guns out of fear for the safety of its citizens. They do so because they
fear for the safety of their own backsides.

It was done as a result of public pressure as I'm sure you well know.

It was carefully manipulated by government and press as I'm sure you are
aware. After Hungerford a police marksman I know formed part of a
deputation to beg Geoffrey Howe to reconsider the ban that was bound to
follow. Howe told him that the legislation had been drafted years ago,
and that all they had done was to wait for an appropriate moment to
bring it before Parliament.

We're not talking about Hungerford but Dunblane.

Graham