Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Where's the benefit...

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:09:25 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:07:54 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:11:36 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

the renowned Eeyore wrote:
John Fields wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

The Falkland Islanders have continually expressed a desire to remain British.

---
Again, the lesser of two evils.
---

Where's the tyranny in that ?

---
Well, let's see. The war was in 1982 and they've only been allowed
full British citizenship since 1983. Prior to that they were
second-class Brits, so I guess the tyranny ended in 1983, huh?

Show me a passport that says 'second class British citizen' will you ?

http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kimage/data_english.gif

Note the "Overseas" bit.

But not "second class".

---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synonym

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British..._and_Hong_Kong

"British Nationals (Overseas) are Commonwealth citizens so they enjoy
most civic rights in the United Kingdom. They are also eligible for a
free-of-charge Residence Permit if they wish to study in the UK [1].
But BN(O)s are not full British citizens or European citizens and they
do not have the right of abode in the United Kingdom."

Not much of a citizenship if you are not allowed to live permanently
in the country...

---
Agreed.

--