Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Chan Jay Chan is offline

Default Dimmable compact fluorescent bulbs

On Oct 17, 7:40 pm, "Jeff" wrote:
Has anyone tried dimmable compact fluorescent bulbs. How well do the work
and do they smoothly dim? What brand name did you use?

Thanks,

I bought some dimmable CFLs from Home Depot. I cannot dim them low
enough as comparing to regular dimmable bulbs - meaning that they are
still quite bright when they are supposed to be dimmed. This is OK
with me. But you may not like that.

The other problem is that they are longer than regular dimmable light
bulbs. They are sticking out from the cans of the ceiling fixtures.
When I get the time, I may look into the lighting fixture to see if I
can adjust the height.

Jay Chan