Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:37:15 -0500, "Adam Corolla"
wrote:

Anyone have a solid piece of pure tungsten (98% pure or better) they might
want to sell? I'd like a piece weighing three to five pounds, but up to
fifteen pounds is OK if the price is good enough.

I may be able to get you a piece for something above scrap value.

Notes: I don't want tungsten carbide or other alloy--pure tungsten only. I
don't want any porous pieces, they should be solid.

As a result of the manufacturing process, tungsten is less than 100%
dense. In general, it gets denser as it's worked; e.g., pressed -
sintered - rolled - drawn.

If you're interested, we can arrange a private auction through eBay, I will
pay your listing fees.

Why not just a cash sale? Do you have a fix on the current scrap
price?

--
Ned Simmons