Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff Errol Groff is offline

Default Chuck carrier pics

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:34:15 -0700, "Stupendous Man"
wrote:

The carrier i made works pretty well. I set the track so i can use it for
both the lathe and mill, made a chuck carrier from an old sterring rack, the
rack teeth allow the lifting washer to engage wherever it balances best with
no slippage.
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=MVC-036S.jpg
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=MVC-030S.jpg
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=MVC-033S.jpg

Here is a job I am doing using a 9 inch face mill for some timing covers.
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=MVC-023S.jpg
fun stuff

Pretty nifty. I like the idea of the notches to allow balancing the
chuck. I have long wanted to do something similar but the fear of
some s**t for brains student deciding to see what would happen if you
loosen the chuck in mid air has kept me from acting on the idea.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
613 Upper Maple Street