Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default OT- GUNS

In article ,
Morris Dovey wrote:
However difficult it might be for you to appreciate, the American
fixation on lethal defense (and you're mistaken if you believe it's
limited to firearms) has a solid basis in the American context. It
doesn't matter that anyone might find that irrational or uncivilized -
it's real. To reach back and borrow from British naval tradition:
We're prepared to repel all boarders. That there may (note the implied
uncertainty) no longer be a need such defense is moot - the
preparedness has become part of our fiber.

I've often wondered why. Including the fascination with the death penalty
etc. Despite the proof that it is no deterrent.

--
*Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.