Posted to uk.d-i-y
Si[_2_] Si[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Hospital Cleaning

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
Skipweasel wrote:
In article , john.plant510
@ntlworld.com says...
What I want from a hospital cleaning service is: Clean equipment,
clean door handles and light switches, taps, toilet seats, chairs,
beds, cupboards, bed tables, etc - the things that people can touch
with germ covered hands.

I reckon patient's notes are the worst for this. Trollied from place
to place, handled by lots of people many of whom are not in the
vicinity of the patient so not inclined to wash hands between each set
of notes.

I asked why they had them, and not a simple hand held barcode scanner
and keyboard carried by every nurse..just scan the barcode to the bed
or on the patents arm..voila! full details.

I think you underestimate the quantity of data that's being moved.
(Though the system I use most does seem to process data at a speed a
Burroughs B800 would be ashamed of.)

--
Si