Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default OT- GUNS

Eeyore wrote:

Jim wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Sounds entirely rational to me. It is indeed the handguns that are the
problem and there
can be no valid reason for those as anything other than an anti-person
weapon.

Right. An "anti-person-who wants to kill me" weapon.
Eeyore, things are rather pleasant in the hundred acre wood, but here in
the real world people want to kill you and take your stuff. I like my things
in my house, my wife not raped, my kids alive, and my blood =inside= my
body.....

This is the usual American story. My wife will be raped, my children
murdered in their beds etc ..... That's merely because you're in the USA
and it's a very violent society, but even so, how often does that actually
happen ?

In the UK I think I can confidently say NEVER.

That is as much utter baloney as anything you have said so far. Murder,
rape, arson, child abduction and burglary are serious problems in the
UK, committed by strangers on innocents. To attempt to claim otherwise
if absolute hokum.

Look up:
Angus Robertson Sinclair (murdered at least 13 people in their homes
and as they approached their homes)

Jill Dando - murdered on her own doorstep.

Cheryl Moss - murdered on a break from work.

McFadden and Spark - murdered a complete stranger Robert Gardner for
a tin of beer.

And the murder of the Laitner family:

28-year-old Robert Laitner was stabbed to death in his bedroom in the
Sheffield suburb of Dore. His father solicitor Basil Laitner went
upstairs to investigate the noise and was also stabbed to death.
Basil's wife, Avril was downstairs and was stabbed twenty-six times.
Returning upstairs the assailant then attacked the youngest of the
Laitners' daughters, Nicola. She was repeatedly raped by the
intruder, recently escaped criminal Arthur Hutchinson. Hutchinson had
been charged with rape in a different case but escaped from custody.

Which has all the elements you contrive above, together in one case,
something you claim "confidently" has never or rather NEVER happened.

Do you think writing words in capital letters makes the statement true?