Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 yearstorepay...nonsense!Help needed!

On 2007-10-19 14:53:04 +0100, Anthony Matonak
said:

Eeyore wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

Unless there is a perceived need to reprocess nuclear fuel, keeping it
out of the biosphere is absurdly simple. You just 'contain' it in a safe
place !
What's absurdly simple about devising 'containment' for radioactively and
thermally hot chemicals, that must remain hermetically sealed for the order
of millions of years?

They don't need to be *hermetically* sealed. Just kept in a cool dry
environment. We fret excessively over used reactor rods.

I suppose there are places, like Russia, that have large areas already
contaminated with lots of radioactive material. One method to deal with
nuclear waste would be to ship it there and just dump it on the ground.
Maybe put up a warning sign.

This is still off topic for all of these newsgroups.

Anthony

I wouldn't have thought so. For the homepower one, it would depend on
the size of your home.

Don't limit the scope of your thinking