Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default OT- GUNS

Jim wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Sounds entirely rational to me. It is indeed the handguns that are the
problem and there
can be no valid reason for those as anything other than an anti-person
weapon.

Right. An "anti-person-who wants to kill me" weapon.
Eeyore, things are rather pleasant in the hundred acre wood, but here in
the real world people want to kill you and take your stuff. I like my things
in my house, my wife not raped, my kids alive, and my blood =inside= my
body.....

This is the usual American story. My wife will be raped, my children murdered in
their beds etc ..... That's merely because you're in the USA and it's a very
violent society, but even so, how often does that actually happen ?

In the UK I think I can confidently say NEVER.

Graham