Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Where's the benefit...

John Fields wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:06:56 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:06:57 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Don Bowey wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote:
flipper wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

The Falklands is and was then British. It was the Argentinians who were
interfering in
OUR affairs.

The Falklands were, no doubt, errant islands of the North Sea that
broke loose, wandered across the Atlantic, and bumped up against South
America.

If geographic location is your criterion, then I look forward to the USA
ceasing to have any claim on Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin
Islands, the
Marianas and miscellaneous other uninhabited Pacific islands.

Tsk. Tsk,

LOL ! Yeah well let us keep our Falklands then ! ;~)

---
Yours because you left a plaque behind when you deserted them
saying, in effect, "We're leaving, but these are still ours in case
we ever decide to come back."?

Behind that kind of logic, our flag on the moon means it belongs to
the US.

The Falklands have never been deserted.

---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_Islands

"As a result of economic pressures resulting from the upcoming
American War of Independence, the United Kingdom unilaterally chose
to withdraw from many of her overseas settlements in 1774.[9][10]
Upon her withdrawal in 1776 the UK left behind a plaque asserting
her claims. From then on, Spain alone maintained a settlement ruled
from Buenos Aires under the control of the Viceroyalty of the Rio de
la Plata until 1811. On leaving in 1811, Spain, too, left behind a
plaque asserting her claims."
---

You need to get an education. A REAL education not a stupid warped nationalistic
American one.

---
Well, not being consumed by hate I can at least report _facts_ I
find using Wikipedia.

Oh FFS - we're talking about recent history here not centuries ago.

****WIT.

Graham