Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years torepay...nonsense!Helpneeded!

Arnold Walker wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

The flooding of New Orleans was due to defective flood defences.

Actually was a small part of a bigger problem in New Orleans,that had folks
bailing like rats off a sinking ship.
For 25 years,before the straw that broke the camels back....Kitrina.
Never seen any storm victims like the folks we housed from New Orleans.
Most other storm victims, in times past were thankful for what they could
get.
And fairly peaceful .
That was not the case with New Orlean victims.......drugs ,vandalism,you
name it to the point .
That you were seeing schools,churches ,and even home security throwing them
out.
Some at the time ,had stayed in motels for 6months without getting a job or
much of anything.
When the government started clearing out motel rooms, that needed remodeling
after they left.
Some of them victims would probaly still be living in them motel rooms and
collecting food stamps
,if we let them.The thought never occured to that group ,that when things
happen someone other than the government does something.Like you making at
least a token effort at fixing your own life.
The damage from vandalism by the 500 victims staying here was $250,000 ,by
the time the chuches,schools ($43,000
of it was done to schoolclass rooms in two weeks while the schools sorted
them out to other shelter locations), and motels repaired the damage. And we
are talking just vanadalism expense ,not food,clothing ,and shelter like a
"normal" victims would have. By the time it was over, more than a few of us,
were wondering at the definition of victim.

Sorry to hear that.

Dare I ask if it was the vandalistic behaviour was colour/race related or maybe simply
a 'social class' issue ?

Graham