Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default tile grout and or or adhesive

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:22:34 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

Grout and adhesive have little in common. I'd avoid the combined
products, which encourage you to make as much mess as you like, and then
leave you to clean it off the tiles....
I think you can get general purpose powdered adhesives from Ardex etc
that will do floors and walls. Generally, wall adhesives are lightweight
to minimise sagging.

Thanks for the replies. I was told I could not use wall grout to grout
floor tiles and I could not see why. I appreciate that adhesives are a
different matter.

I did use the all in one products to begin with but I then tried the
separate approach and found the separate adhesive was much faster
setting and much stickier so tiles didn't slip or fall off.

I haven't dared to use powders as being a novice I am not sure I would
get the consistency right.