Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:26:13 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:37:45 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

If the kit was just a couple of hundred quid (which is what it would be
if it were mass produced like radiator/pumps/time controls etc.) The may
be it would be worth me doing it. Of course that a long way from doing
for someone else.... 8-(

I think that's just what it is in Greece: you buy a package with a
collector and plumbing all connected up and stick it on your (flat) roof.
Cheap as chips over there and AFAIK not a gov't subsidy in sight.

But that's probably one of those simple thermosyphon type kits which are
used in 'hot' countries that never have weather below 0C.
We need something that frost proof so it has to be indirect and use a
frost protected working fluid.