Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default OT - Hospital Cleaning

"Broadback" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Skipweasel wrote:
In article , john.plant510
@ntlworld.com says...
What I want from a hospital cleaning service is: Clean equipment, clean
door handles and light switches, taps, toilet seats, chairs, beds,
cupboards, bed tables, etc - the things that people can touch with germ
covered hands.

I reckon patient's notes are the worst for this. Trollied from place to
place, handled by lots of people many of whom are not in the vicinity of
the patient so not inclined to wash hands between each set of notes.

I asked why they had them, and not a simple hand held barcode scanner and
keyboard carried by every nurse..just scan the barcode to the bed or on
the patents arm..voila! full details.

Would seem to make more sense than a billion pound computer system that
doesn't even work..

What amazes me is that everything is put onto cleaning, surely that is
only part, everyone involved in hospitals should be more involved. When
visiting it is not uncommon to see several children sitting and playing
around the sick persons bed, nurses wear their uniforms outside the
hospital. Perhaps it is time to go back to the old ways, strict times for
visiting, maximum of two people per patients and staff must change out of
uniform when going off duty. Not popular, but I think necessary.

Some of this is creeping in to our local hospital. But I still have concerns
about things like plugs, handles and drip stands. (Incidentally - why do
nurses always thump a 13 amp plug so that it eventually breaks the socket?
Is it a woman thing - or a professional standard?