Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT - Hospital Cleaning

"Owain" wrote in message
Dorothy Bradbury wrote:
Copying "Lloyds building" for all services on the
outside, requires a huge amount more land tho.

It shouldn't really, because the building inside can be made a bit smaller
because all the services are on the outside... I doubt with the cost of
land in London there was much wasted space on the Lloyds building.

Allows the "entire building to be steam cleaned",
removes ceiling tiles & assocated services etc.
Many do not look particularly well designed, I
think we have only just managed to avoid the
"airborne sneeze in one ward ends up next door".

There is very little that can't be cleaned and disinfected with a
scrubbing brush, detergent and bleach.

Although the concentration of bleach recommended in the WHO disinfection
manual is rather high and, if you use it, the room is not very habitable for
a while after. Good practice also calls for a minimum of two different types
of disinfection agent, used alternately. In our clean room, we used bleach
and alcohol wipes.

Colin Bignell