Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Bamboo flooring on a concrete floor?

chris wrote in news:1192737960.562541.76100
@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

I'm really attracted to bamboo flooring for my dining room/kitchen
area. Can it be successfully laid over a concrete floor? I hear
conflicting advice. One said that it must be glued to the floor, but
there's no guarantee that it won't move. A search of message boards
suggests that it's probably ok. Grateful for any advice!
Thanks
Chris

What does the product manufacturer say? Will the warranty the material
for 15, 25, 50 years if you do lay it on a concrete floor?

Recently, there was an episode of Homes on Holmes where the wood floor
laid on concrete was causing trouble. The plastic under the floor was
nailed through, allowing moisture to wick its way up in to the floor.

Puckdropper