Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carla Fong Carla Fong is offline

Default Mechanical Aptitude Test

Jon Danniken wrote:

"Phil Kangas" wrote:
Found this site on RMH, posted here for
your enjoyment:

http://tinyurl.com/379fuh

Look for the review button to see your
test results.

Interesting, thanks. I got an 82%, most of which were gear issues, half of
which were due to over-confidence on simple ones (my achilles heal).

Jon

Well, I got a 90%, (also got messed up on worm gears) but I think
there's room to quibble on two others.

#15 presumes a frictionless pulley - I live in the real world and know
that a straight lift with no pulley requires the least force.

#31 has no correct answer stated. The correct answer is 60 since the
actual mechanical ratio for the lever is 5:1.

I had the same problems with poorly written questions in college. My
professors did not seem amused...

Carla