Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Hospital Cleaning

Skipweasel wrote:
In article , john.plant510
@ntlworld.com says...
What I want from a hospital cleaning service is: Clean equipment, clean door
handles and light switches, taps, toilet seats, chairs, beds, cupboards, bed
tables, etc - the things that people can touch with germ covered hands.

I reckon patient's notes are the worst for this. Trollied from place to
place, handled by lots of people many of whom are not in the vicinity of
the patient so not inclined to wash hands between each set of notes.

I asked why they had them, and not a simple hand held barcode scanner
and keyboard carried by every nurse..just scan the barcode to the bed or
on the patents arm..voila! full details.

Would seem to make more sense than a billion pound computer system that
doesn't even work..