Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Cut hole on stucco for bathroom fan

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:11:28 -0600, "John61"
wrote:

I'll install a bathroom fan for a small washroom on main floor of my old
2-storey house. As I got suggested from this forum, the fan can be installed
on the ceiling, and vent out horizontally in between floor joists. Need
advice on two issues:

1) Exterior wall is stucco. How can I make a 3" round hole for the duct.
Need to rent some special tool from Homedepot?

A 4" angle grinder and a diamond tip blade will cut through the
stucco, foam and wire mesh easily.

2) Inside stucco, what else I may encounter, and hard to handle? could be
"wood bearer"?

Thanks!

John

Venting through a wall.

Venting through a soffit.

See http://www.cornerhardware.com/howto/ht064.html

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..