Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Cut hole on stucco for bathroom fan

On Oct 18, 11:11 am, "John61" wrote:
I'll install a bathroom fan for a small washroom on main floor of my old
2-storey house. As I got suggested from this forum, the fan can be installed
on the ceiling, and vent out horizontally in between floor joists. Need
advice on two issues:

1) Exterior wall is stucco. How can I make a 3" round hole for the duct.
Need to rent some special tool from Homedepot?

2) Inside stucco, what else I may encounter, and hard to handle? could be
"wood bearer"?

Thanks!

John

Something like this

http://www.mkmorse.com/carb2.html

I used them to cut through cement backer board or wood lath & plaster
for electrical box "mug rings".

Makes a nice uniform hole.

cheers
Bob