Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Celtic box finished...

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 07:55:15 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

Kevin.. Are you wholesaling or doing consignment?

Kate wrote:
WOW! But but but... WHO has that kind of money to buy such a thing?
Seriously $150 - $200 ....

works for me, but then, I have to have a way to market them.

You'd be amazed. I sell my salad bowls at a local shop for anywhere
from $120 to $200 and they don't stay on the shelf long as a rule.
We're talking a 12" to 15" piece of glorified firewood here! I do a
nice job (if I can say so myself) but we're not talking museum quality
art pieces here. Just nicely finished bowls, hand crafted by a local
person.

There's folks out there with plenty of disposable income and they don't
mind paying for something unique and hand made. Or as I like to say
tongue in cheek, they have "more dollars than sense". And boy am I glad
they do! g

I don't know how the market is where you are (we have lots of tourists
in the summer) but if you like making them marketing them isn't a
problem. The shop I sell through and I have really good working
relationship. I work only as hard as I want, still fitting in fishing,
hunting, family, sleeping in, etc. and she pays me when she wants. It
works out well for both of us as I don't get burned out, and if an
invoice goes past 30/60/90 days nobody loses sleep over it. Of course,
I have a day job so I'm not relying on the income.

But if you can find a local shop that will work w/you on a similar
basis, it's really easy to market things - just bring 'em in, drop 'em
on the counter and shoot the breeze a bit...

...Kevin

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing