Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Arnold Walker Arnold Walker is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense! Help needed!

Tony Bryer wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 01:59:12 +0100 The Natural Philosopher wrote :
And those issues are no worse than e.g. fitting DG windows, or rewiring.
Not hard, juts need redecorating afterwards.

Anything that involves increasing wall thicknesses may have knock-on
effects. If we did as some countries and gave the floor area as part of
the sale particulars for a house the effect would be obvious.

I probably wouldn't buy a property without a SAP report these days
frankly. And would knock off a lot for a poor rating.

The vast majority of people wouldn't. But tax changes will probably
change this before too long.

Just high energy prices.

Saving £300 a year means a property at sort of 7% mortgage rates, is worth
300/0.07= £4300 more, more or less.

Double energy prices an its worth nearly £10k more.

If domestic heating oil and gas was taxed like road fuel, the shops would
be sold out of insulation in minutes.

Actually they are at a lower rate.......but taxed with tariffs..
And the general public is ready to hang a politian, if the taxes get too
wild
on heating fuel.And did in times past.....a lot faster than in Europe and
other areas
that tolerate conruption with taxes on road and heating fuel.Other wise we
would already
have 6.00to 8.00 a gallon road fuel and 1.00 a KWhr electric rates for the
good of the community.
And almost that high in gas and heating oil......
We are to believe that throwing money to the government will fix anything .
When government is responsible for some of the biggest messes possible.
In their "big brother" help on a problem....
Whether it is energy ,health ,or pensions.......the present is bad ,but
government will
virtually always will show you the way to worse, on thier cause to expand
powers.
Just like you are seeing happening now in congress on "Hilary care round 3".
Or much of anything to do with energy coming out of congress in the last
40years.
It was more about expansion of power than energy,so you made something that
needed to be "fixed" regularly.
Instead of doing it right.....

My home heating bill would be something like £4500 a year...that would
mean that ANYTHING I did to save a therm or to would be worth paying
serious money for. Solar panels, heat pumps, paying the wife to shut the
windows every time the heating is on..