Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"David Hansen" wrote
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

Greenwash is objectionable, which is why it is criticised by groups
like Friends of the Earth.

A questionable organisation if ever there was one.

Ah, proof by assertion.

Far too many land owners give them money.

Do they really? If I remember I will ask the next time I am in the
Friends of the Earth Scotland office. I suspect that they will be
mildly amused by this assertion.

I recall that Jonathan Porrit came under fire from Kevin Cahill who wrote
Who Owns Britain. They said that the UK is short of agricultural land. We
"pay" farmers "not" to grow crops.

Apparently 'set aside' has just been set aside. So no longer. They can now use
the land to grow biofuel perhaps ? Willow makes a good fuel crop AIUI. Shouldn't
need much in the way of cultivation, fertiliser, insecticide and the like.

Graahm