Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

Tony Bryer wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 01:59:12 +0100 The Natural Philosopher wrote :
And those issues are no worse than e.g. fitting DG windows, or
rewiring. Not hard, juts need redecorating afterwards.

Anything that involves increasing wall thicknesses may have knock-on
effects. If we did as some countries and gave the floor area as part
of the sale particulars for a house the effect would be obvious.

I probably wouldn't buy a property without a SAP report these days
frankly. And would knock off a lot for a poor rating.

The vast majority of people wouldn't. But tax changes will probably
change this before too long.

Just high energy prices.

Saving £300 a year means a property at sort of 7% mortgage rates, is
worth 300/0.07= £4300 more, more or less.

Double energy prices an its worth nearly £10k more.

If domestic heating oil and gas was taxed like road fuel, the shops
would be sold out of insulation in minutes.

My home heating bill would be something like £4500 a year...that would
mean that ANYTHING I did to save a therm or to would be worth paying
serious money for. Solar panels, heat pumps, paying the wife to shut the
windows every time the heating is on..