Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Default Bose Wave Radio

Hi!

The Wave system (which I've heard) is a profoundly mediocre product
sold at a premium price.

Premium price? Oh yeah. Absolutely. (At least to my way of thinking...)

Mediocre product? Well, I suppose it depends on what you have in mind when
you listen to music. The first time I had the chance to hear one was at a
friend's house. I walked in the door, far away from the room in which it was
playing and was immediately surprised. I didn't remember any big stereo ever
being in the place, and one wasn't. The music was coming from this little
Bose Wave player. I was astounded by the performance, but the price and the
fact that new ones have only remote controls put me off of it.

Tivoli Audio's little table radio sounds fairly good to me and the price was
a lot better. The company was also good to deal with, although I wanted to
keep the flood damaged unit I had and build a plywood cabinet for it, just
to be funny.

William