Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Building a moat

Busted Computer wrote:
I want to build a moat around my house, complete with a draw bridge.

Who to contact, or where do I start?

Many thanks

I think the correct term is "dig" a moat, not build one.

Having visited many castles, a moat is not just a ditch. Its sides are lined
with stone at exact military angles to discourage siege engines and infantry
assault. The far side is much steeper than the side closest to the castle.
This is to make it more difficult for the invader to enter the moat and,
necessarily, more difficult for him to escape.

You will need several sally ports on your residence to clean out the dead
bodies from the moat.

Good luck. Please post pictures of your progress.