Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default New Price Pfister kitchen faucet drips

clipped

I just got finished with a brouhaha with PF. Mine would droop and go off if
it wasn't fully opened. At first, I called and they said the problem was
plastic retaining nuts, so they sent me brass. Said they were going to send
me a wrench, too but didn't. That didn't solve the problem. So, I called
again. In the meantime, I discovered that I had to take off the threaded
collar, making the large nuts accessible, and didn't need a wrench. They
had instructed me to take needle nosed pliers and take the nut off through
the top with the collar in place. When I called back, they sent one
cartridge and a wrench that fit nothing. The new cartridge fixed the
problem. Problem is, I have two of them, and told them I had two of them
with the same problem. I guess I'm going to have to call again from a
different phone number, use a different name, and get another cartridge.

Long story short, I won't be buying any more PF stuff. These are about the
tenth ones I have bought for my properties or installed for other people who
bought them.

For a few bucks more, you can get a Moen or a really nice other brand.
Problem is, they have their own problems.

Steve

You actually got through on the phone? Lucky you! I am done with PF
forever. Our kitchen faucet - about 5 years old - was corroding on end
of spout so they sent a new one. At the time, the process was easy,
about 1 yr. after we purchased it. Now the c. cartridge is trash, and I
can't even find our model number on the website. I have a part number
but waited on "hold" for about 15 min. before giving up. Gotta be
something better - did I say it was made in China?