Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default Mismatched voltage wired in parallel. What is resulting voltage?

DJ Delorie said something like:

....[snip]...

No, current ratings are maximums, not absolutes. If those are the
real maximums, the result is a 6V 1mA source. Actual current draw
depends on the load, not the source.

Hmmmmm.....

If I connect an ammeter (from my handy multimeter) to a battery, what is it
measuring? The amount of amps allowed to pass through the wires, etc. of
the multimeter? If it depends entirely on load, then why wouldn't the
ammeter always measure the same regardless of what I connect it to?

I'm sorry, but my electrical background is limited to *some* digital
electrical engineering: A year of TTL circuits, karnaugh maps, up/down
counters, and the like from my computer science degree in college. There
are *huge* gaps in my understanding of the analog world.

--
If I can ever figure out how, I hope that someday I'll
succeed in my lifetime goal of creating a signature