Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

Yep, that's what I was going to say. A lot of tough talkers in this
group.
But my guess is that most of them would high tail it out the back
door if someone broke into their house during the night.
Confronting someone who you
don't know is armed or not that breaks into your house at night is
either stupid or takes a lot of guts.

How about we give you a couple of addresses and you try it out?

You forgot to include confidence in your list. Five rounds of 00 buck gives
a man a lot of confidence. And don't give me the argument about being
accurate. With that load, you have a lot of wiggle room. AND the
confidence that many men have from firing thousands of rounds either in
peacetime, practice, or in confrontation.

Confronting someone who you
don't know is armed or not that breaks into your house at night is
either stupid or takes a lot of guts.

No. It's just part of being a real man.

Steve