Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years torepay...nonsense!Help needed!

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:37:04 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

(d) we're socially advanced[1] enough to act responsibly and ameriorate
the effects of our actions

And how would that be ?

By:
- conserving those resources which are obviously in most limited supply
(such as fossil fuels, which are in vastly shorter supply than
solar-derived energy such as solar, wind and wave; and geothermal)
- avoiding polluting our (children's) environment with substances which
cause/contribute to global warming or are toxic to life and difficult or
impossible to clean up.

At a more socially advanced level we could tackle some of the consequences
of our past and present behaviour such as helping restore communities and
environments which have been degraded by exploitation.

--
John Stumbles

I used to think the brain was the most interesting part of the body
- until I realised what was telling me that