Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Arnold Walker Arnold Walker is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Helpneeded!

Morris Dovey wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
| The Natural Philosopher wrote:

|| But essentially what has to happen at government level is simple:
|| just tax oil. More and more, Until its usage is under control. You
|| can use the revenues to fund all sorts of useful stuff.
|
| Not going to happen in the USA is it ?

Good guess.

Don't be so sure.
First of all with an oilman in the seat of power, no. not yet.

Not until they work out that swingeing margins on more expensive fuel make
just as much profit.

However is ultimately a PR thing: Hence Al Gore. If the thought gets stuck
in the voters brain that paying $10 a gallon of gas is the way to stop
their towns being devastated by storms, it might well be the that gets
someone elected.

One fault with your logic ....Gore is an oilman ,too.
And if why didn't he use all these really good ideas when he was VP.
I mean he had two terms to try and didn't .....
Helped Clinton cut the miltary in half ....
Drain the miltary oil reserves.....
Help put the economy in a tail spin....which Bushanomics recovered from.
Incouraged Hillary care to insurance the entire country enjoy the of
blessing
VA system type care health care and service.
Any many more great achievements.
Trade agreements with a country with more lead recalls than I remember
....hell they should add "with lead" to the label made in China.
Another trade with agreement with Mexico that would have most taxpayers
wondering, what was he thinking when he did that.

And anyway OPEC and Bushanomics* is doing it for them. Except the money
doesn't end up in the govt, it ends up in Q'ran toting islamic
fundamentalists pockets instead.

Of it course it happening during wasn't during Clinton's two terms.....

*seen the dollar valuation recently?