Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialingin the house as well?

mailmansam wrote:

alvin, I found an old phone with three wires, red, green, and yellow. I
connected the red and green to a regular jack and plugged it in. I could
hold a conversation easy enough (very little static considering I taped the
ends of the phone wire to the "new fangled" jack). I could not get the phone
to ring though. I think I read where you have to ground the phone within the
jack with the yellow wire. Do you know how I would do that?

thanks,

Yes, connect the yellow on the phone also to the (IIRC) green.