Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Digital TV question

wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 07:57:09 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

BTW as for analog on cable, so far I have heard New York and Chicago
are cutting back to virtually nothing analog so I bet it is the wave
of the future.

Probably, although it could be 10 years or more for some systems.

That may be right. I know Comcast keeps one HBO down on a low analog
channel and the only reason that makes sense is they are desparately
holding on to all those people with a chipped box. Without that one
channel satellite really starts to look attractive to a lot of people.
The phone company has a satellite/DSL bundle than kicks Comcast's ass
and it is more reliable. I finally had to get rid of Comcast because
the cable modem was down several times a week and it was screwing up
my web site. I also get a lot of shows on my RTV that are missing
parts or simply stop because of signal dropout.

They is no premium programming on Comcast analog in my market. They
pulled that solo HBO channel sometime last year.