Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bart V[_2_] Bart V[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking about chainsaws...

I have a Poulan, although the sticker says Patriot, that decided to
stop oiling the bar. It used to take 1 tank of bar oil per tank of gas
but now it just desn't use any bar oil at all. I looked to see if
there was anything I can unclog or whatever but no such luck.
This saw uses a little oil pump, it's not a gravity fed oiler, and
according to a repair guy this is real common for them Poulans. All in
all there's probably less than 24 hours of operation on this thing. A
friend replaced the oil with gas to see if it would flush itself clean
that didn't work either.
Any other tricks or perhaps suggestions for a low tech way of making
it a gravity fed set up?
Thanks,
Bart.
-
**botox treatments: taxidermy on the living**

Email replies via: www.haruteq.com/contact.htm
awesome banjo bridges, tabs, stained glass:
=== www.haruteq.com ===